- Altered by Jennifer Rush
- Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr: Shards and Ashes had super interesting style. Really enjoyed this read!
- The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan: Definitely a new favourite. I love the way Percy communicated with the reader in the book, and all of the instalments definitely have a lot of humour. Gotta love it.
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: I read this book in just one day when I was doing the Unplugged Challenge from YouthRead (you had to go a day without devices). I think the message that I got from this book just really stood out to me. It was a meaningful, but enjoyable read!
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green: just ahhhh! I want more of this....
- The Fault in Our Stars also by John Green!
OKAY. So as much as I loved basically every book that I read, I gotta admit, John Green is one heck of a writer! Being a fan of his youtube channel (which he runs with his bro, Hank - if you haven't seen this channel...go watch..NOW!), I was super excited to get started on his books, and I was not disappointed! John Green's writing style just pulled me in, from page 1! It's super quirky and just...well...natural. As if it was just an actual conversation. Awesome.
As for The Fault in Our Stars? Nothing. No words. Speechless. I think I enjoyed this one a bit too much for my own good.
So anyway, summer has come to a close, but the reading definitely hasn't; read on!
What did you all read/do this summer?
Enjoy a picture of this wonderful lake/beach ! Ah summer. <3