Okay yeah, so it's technically the 24th right now (it's 12am; Merry Christmas, by the way!!!!!) but here I am at a Christmas Eve party. Being the bookish and weird awkward person, I'm just sitting here listening to some groovy karaoke (sang by some very awesome and brave folks, might I add), and I thought I would do a top ten for you guys quickly! So here is this week's top ten tuesday: books I hope Santa brings!
Santa's probably on his way now, so I'd better write this quickly! ;D
(ps. no book cover images today guys, sorry!)
1. HARRY POTTER COLLECTION: WOW. As a die-hard fan, it's quite sad that I don't own all of the books, but what a perfect time to receive them! I also want to re-read them this winter, so it's perfect. And getting them at christmas-time adds sentimental value...Please Santa!! :)
2. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini: I've been wanting to read this for such a long time, and knowing that I would love this book, I would love to own it. Also super sad to hear about Ned Vizzini, I can't believe it. But yeah, this seems like such a great book!
3. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol: Actually, there is play that is in-the-works at our school right now, based on Lewis Carol's Alice in Wonderland, and I've been needing/wanting to read this book for the play for a while now! Especially because I'm on the costume/makeup crew (exciting...do I sense a litspiration challenge coming?)!
4. The Harry Potter Companion Books (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard): Need I say more?
5. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales: Even though I've already read this, I loved it so much, and I would love to have it as a part of my collection. :) Definitely read this one, guys!
6. Scarlet by Marrisa Meyer (Part of the Lunar Chronicles): PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME THIS SEQUEL NOW.
7. Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer: God I love Chris Colfer. Can I please read his writing already?
8. The Raven Cycle Series by Maggie Stiefvater: I read the first one and I really really liked it! Super excited to read the next ones. Might I add that these covers are so so beautiful? :)
9. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: This book pretty much is my Summer 2013, and I just want to hold it in my hands and cry and read it every summer from now on, because it changed me and I love it so much. It's such a nice book. :)
10. The Book of (Holiday) Awesome by Neil Pasricha: Read the first Book of Awesome and I loved it. It's such a light and lovely book, and never fails to put a smile on my face. I would love to read this (Holiday) version!!!!! :D
Well, the list goes on and on and on and on. If I could, I would ask for all the books I could possibly fill my house with (all though I don't think that would go down well with the parents xD)!! But yea, here's just a couple! Hope you all enjoyed, and hope you all have an amazing christmas and holiday! Stay lovely, and keep reading!
What books do you hope Santa brings? :)